Cosmetic dentistry is really more of an art than a science. Thanks to developments in the field of cosmetic dentistry, people can change the smile they were born with into a smile they love.
People Seek Cosmetic Dentistry for a Variety of Reasons:
- Some people simply want to improve their appearance and seek dental services that help them look and feel younger
- Some people want to improve their self-confidence and self-esteem
- The majority, have had unattractive teeth their whole lives and have always felt self-conscious because of them.
Today’s dentistry offers a wide variety of treatment options for people seeking to transform their smiles. A cosmetic dentist can reshape your teeth, close spaces, and restore worn, short, misshapen or missing teeth. Cosmetic procedures include teeth bonding, porcelain veneers, crowns, reshaping, contouring, teeth whitening and braces! In many cases, a combination of these techniques is required to deliver the best results.
Before You Invest Your Time and Money in a Cosmetic Dentist, It’s Important to Consider the Following:
- How much experience your dentist has with cosmetic dentistry and has he or she taken advanced continuing education courses in current techniques? Training and experience matter and should be considered when choosing a dentist for cosmetic procedures. Continuing education courses keep dentists up-to-date with the latest techniques in clinical cosmetic dentistry.
- Before and after photos. These photos will allow you to examine the results of other patients being treated by the dentist to make sure his work fits your dental needs.
- Availability of testimonial letters/ references of people who have had similar treatment in the past. These allow you to get a sense of the quality of care the dentist provides.
- Does the dentist have imaging or presentation devices to help demonstrate how the procedure is done, and what results might be expected? By discussing the procedure in detail a dentist has the opportunity to educate you and assist you in making the proper treatment choice.
- Your dentist should answer all the questions you have about the techniques used to improve your smile. Open communication with the patient at all times is crucial to ensure the success of any case.
- Make sure you’re clear what type of maintenance will be required after the work is done
Remember, before you begin your smile transformation, you should consider all of the above. These recommendations will ensure that your expectations and goals are met.
Dr. James Kakos and his associates at our Arlington Heights cosmetic dental office are expert cosmetic dentists and can perform exceptional comprehensive smile transformations. You are more than welcome to visit our before/after photo gallery and read our web pages. You will learn plenty about the cosmetic dental procedures we perform.