It should come as no surprise that taking care of your oral health will benefit you for years to come and contribute greatly to your overall health. Brushing, flossing, and maintaining the right diet are all great ways to stay on top of your oral health. However, routinely visiting a periodontist in Arlington Heights will give your mouth the expert attention it needs to stay healthy.
A periodontist in Arlington Heights specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases and ailments and places dental implants. A periodontist will be able to provide a periodontal assessment, which is an evaluation of personal oral health and function. Dr. John Micaletti is the periodontist in Arlington Heights at James Kakos DDS. He can provide assessments wherein he looks at his patient’s radiographs and check for a number of health indicators.
- Probing depths– this metric measures the pockets depths around an individual’s teeth to check the state of the periodontium.
- Recession– gum recession can be caused by a number of reasons and indicates attachment loss of tooth root from the jawbone. Periodontal disease, mechanical trauma, genes, and hormones can all cause gum recession. It’s very important to have a periodontist assess your gum health so you don’t find out about irreversible damage when it’s too late.
- Bleeding– bleeding is a useful metric for periodontists to determine oral health. Bleeding along the gum line can indicate inflamed tissue and possibly disease.
- Furcation Involvement– this occurs when there is a separation between the roots of multirooted teeth. This space can harbor bacteria and lead to loss of attachment and bone deconstruction.
- Mucogingival involvement– refers to the loss of attachment of gingiva from the root of teeth. Gingiva is a band of gum that surrounds the base of teeth and protects against wearing mechanical forces.
- Mobility- the movement and mobility of teeth are important indicators of oral health and must be assessed in order to diagnose and/or prevent deterioration.
At James Kakos DDS we understand the impact that one’s oral health has on the rest of their body, which is why we provide comprehensive periodontal assessments on our patients. Dr. John Micaletti is the periodontist at James Kakos DDS, and with 30 years of experience, he is highly qualified to give you the treatment you need. Ignoring your oral health now sets you up for a loss in the future. Take care of yourself now by scheduling an appointment with a Dr. Micaletti at James Kakos DDS. A periodontist in Arlington Heights can be the key to a happy, healthy mouth!